Why I restarted dance practice as a beginner?

Hey readers! Welcome back to my blog. Today I want to tell you about why I restarted my dance practice from a beginner level. I've told you in the last post that I'm restarting my practice as a beginner. Now, I want to tell you why I'm doing this.





Why I restarted dance practice as a beginner?

Lately, I have been noticing that my moves looked very wack and sloppy, my form wasn't good, I was not moving freely, and I looked too stressed out.

Then I searched online for solutions and one point caught my eye - FOUNDATION MOVES! I remember that I didn't give much attention to foundation moves. So, I thought that proper foundation is the thing that I lack and began practicing the basics.

What I thought and expected?


I just watched all of my videos and tried to judge them from an audience's perspective. Then I made a decision to first master the basics and then move on to higher levels. I made a spreadsheet, mentioning all of my goals and daily progress.

I started doing this just 2 weeks before and I'm seeing some changes! I'll talk about it in the next post.
 
I expected it to be a cakewalk. But, I was too stiff and couldn't do even the simplest steps properly. So, I started stretching also. Now, I'm a bit looser and can do those steps properly.

Am I enjoying or not


Well, I got to admit that it is fun! I'm enjoying it a lot. If you also wonder why your dancing isn't very good, then proper foundation is your solution, my friend. If you think that restarting as a beginner will impact your current level, you can carry on with your current practice and foundation training at the same time. Now, if you are still not sure whether you should do it or not, then wait a couple of days and I will share my progress with you. 

I hope this post was helpful to you. Comment what you think about this and let me know if you have any other doubts. I will definitely write a post about it if I have any knowledge. Also, share your tips with me, it will be very much appreciated! And you can follow my social media accounts, the links will be somewhere on the page.

Thank you so much for taking out time to read this post about 'why I restarted dance practice as a beginner', and 'Importance of proper foundation in dance' I'll see you in the next post. STAY TUNED!!!

Much love,
Kaushik

Post a Comment