Benefits Of Stretching And Warm-Up

Wanna know the benefits of stretching and warm-up for dancers?

Hello readers! Welcome again to my blog. Today, I wanna talk a little bit about the importance of stretching and warmup. I mentioned in my last post that stretching and warmup were a great help to me.

Wanna know more? Read the post completely for all details.



Importance of warm-up for dancers.

There are many benefits to doing warmup. The most important is that it gets you ready for practice. If you start practicing without a warmup, you may get injured. So basically, a warmup routine prevents injuries.

It will allow you to move easily during dancing. You'll get active and won't feel lazy during dancing.

A basic warmup consisting of some stretches would be enough.

The warm-up dance routine I follow is from a guy named Mihran Kirakosian on youtube. He also uploads many tutorials. You may consider following his channel if you want to learn dance.

The link to his warm-up dance youtube video is here.

Stretching vs Warmup

Now, don't get confused with stretching and warmup. Although stretching can be a part of your warmup, just doing warmup isn't enough.

You need to stretch every day if you want to get better at dancing.

Importance of stretching for dancers.

Stretching makes you more flexible and mobile. So you'll get more range of motion. You can hit many difficult moves. You will also relax your stiff body. Stiffness is a major problem for dancers. I was stiff, But now I'm a little less stiff.

When you are loose and relaxed, dancing won't seem a pain to you. You will be able to dance with too much ease.

What stretches to practice?

So, you may be wondering, what stretches do I do? The answer is simple.

You don't need to go to yoga classes or so to get more flexible(although it may be a choice), you can just search on google and get many effective stretches.

You can choose any number of stretches you like and hold each pose for 30-45 seconds. I recommend doing 2 or 3 sets of 30-second holds because it works fine for me.

Some additional tips

I also got a tip from someone that warming up before, and stretching after the dance practice is more effective. I don't know if this works or not. I leave the decision to you if you want to try this.

In addition to stretching and warm-up, I recommend incorporating a workout routine. Whether you want to hit the gym, or go to a pilates class, or just run at the park, a workout routine is very beneficial.

More on workout and its benefits in the next post. Read here.

Conclusion

I hope you liked this post about "Why should dancers warmup and stretch" and "Importance of warm-up and stretching routine"

I'll see you in the next post.

Much Love,

Kaushik

Post a Comment